Magna Physical Therapy &
Sports Medicine Center LLC
302 W. Main Street
Avon, CT 06001
At Magna PT, we have some of the best personal trainers in the Farmington Valley. Our exercise trainers will help you get in shape and stay in shape. Your personal trainer will create a targeted program especially for you. Call 860-679-0430 to get started.
Why Choose a Personal Trainer?
Personal trainers aren't for everyone, but a trainer provides certain benefits that you can't find when working out on your own. Here are ten reasons a personal trainer might be right for you.
1. Motivation: One of the main reasons people benefit from a personal trainer is that they lose motivation to stick with a consistent exercise program. Certified personal trainers can provide structure and accountability, and help you develop a lifestyle that encourages wellness.
2. Individualized program: If you have any chronic health conditions, injuries or training goals (running a marathon, for example) a trainer will work with you and your health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that considers these needs and enables you to reach your health goals.
3. Efficiency: Personal Trainers help you focus on results and stop wasting your time doing inefficient workouts. A personal trainer has a plan and will help you get maximum results in minimum time.
4. Improve technical skills: If you play a particular sport, the right personal trainer will help you improve your skills by showing you new training techniques specific to your sport. The trainer will incorporate skills training into your program so you improve not only your strength and endurance, but also your agility and mental focus as well.
5. You are new to exercise: If you are an absolute beginner, a personal trainer is the ultimate fitness coach. A good trainer will introduce you to a very simple, effective routine and build efficiency so before you know it, you have the confidence and knowledge to decide what is right for you.
6. Break through plateaus: Ok, you are already in pretty decent shape, but you've been there for years. If you are stuck in the same routine and want to break out of a rut, a personal trainer is the perfect solution. A trainer will jump start, not only your motivation, but your routine as well.
7. Learn how to go it alone: If you ultimately want to learn all the facets of designing your own routines so you don't need to use a personal trainer, going for a few months may be all you need. All good personal trainers will teach you the basics of building and modifying a fitness program to achieve maximum results.
8. Workout Safely: A personal trainer watches your form, monitors your vitals and can provide objective feedback about your limits and strengths. Most of us tend to ignore some of the subtle signals our body provides. We either push through pain or give up too soon. Because a personal trainer can watch what you are doing while you are doing it, they can help push you or slow you down as necessary.
9. Workout at home: Many personal trainers make house calls. If you don't have the time or interest in going to a gym, but have a hard time knowing what to do on your own at home, a personal trainer can bring fitness into your living room.
10. Lose Weight: There is a good reason that the number one reason people hire personal trainers is to lose weight and get into shape — it works. If you made a resolution to lose the fat and build the muscle, a trainer can keep you on track and help you realize that goal.
Cost for Personal Training:
One on one (1hr): $75 plus tax
4 Sessions (1hr): $280 plus tax
8 Sessions (1hr): $520 plus tax
12 Sessions (1hr): $750 plus tax
24 Sessions (1hr): $1400 plus tax
"Both of my kids have seen Brian Magna for sports-
related injuries. Brian’s ability to assess their
injuries and provide us with targeted physical
therapy combined with practical, easy-to-follow
“do at home” exercises helped ensure a fast
recovery and return to activity. He and his staff are
knowledgeable and engaging, and offer a fun and
friendly atmosphere with the goal of healthy living
and improved athletic performance. I highly
recommend Magna Physical Therapy to anyone
with a sports injury, an ongoing issue, or simply
seeking improved fitness."